Selfishness in Pregnancy

Wednesday 3 August 2016




In this pregnancy, I have become really selfish.
All I have wanted to do is cross stitch, chill out at home, go out for lunch with Sam and hang out with my family. Apparently that is selfish. I have been 'neglecting' social media. I still scroll through my instagram feed and check snapchats and stuff but only quickly and mostly while on the toilet (not gunna lie. As if you don't do it too). I just don't like picking up my phone anymore. I realised that I had become so attached to my phone and didn't want to carry a bad habit into motherhood. I found that I was opening instagram, scrolling through everything, closing the app and then reopening it right away without thinking. I had to stop!

Since my work contract finished up a couple of months ago (a bit earlier than I had expected), I knew I needed to use this time for me exclusively. I don't know how motherhood will change me and the way that my routines work and the things that I'll do in the day so I figured I had to use the time before baby is here to be as gluttonous for relaxation as possible. So far it has been absolutely fucking amazing. I went through a period in my life where I was unemployed for a while and I got so bored and restless that I became severely depressed. I feared that would happen again this time and not having a job or any real responsibilities would make me go crazy, but it has been the complete opposite. I take my sweet time with anything I do right now and it's just super refreshing not feeling rushed or pressured. I know this may all change once baby is here so I'll try not to get too used to it but for now I'm enjoying the selfishness.

As I said, I haven't been too present on social media, and I don't know how present I will be in the future, so we'll just have to see how we go.

Til next time...




4 comments

  1. <3 <3 <3 I think everybody, especially expectant mothers need to listen to their bodies, and do what you feel like you need to do. Sometimes you need to make yourself your top priority, and if people consider it selfish, so be it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. linda!!! se pudar indica ai pra amigas e otimo o blog , ja te peço uma ajudinha pra me ajudar a divulgar



    https://cahosperfeitos.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you’re for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    more info

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there is nothing wrong with making that choice. Even if it may feel good to have people who are listening to you on social media, it is definitely not as healthy as the real deal.

    ReplyDelete