Red, White and Blue

Monday 11 April 2016





Oh the joys of being pregnant. Your immune system turns to crap and even if you so much as look at someone with a cold, BAM! You've caught it. I'm a sniffly, gross mess right now so I figured it would make me feel slightly less crappy posting a summery OOTD from a time where I wasn't a snifflebag.







Sometimes you have to sacrifice something in order to make your outfit feel whole. In this case, I sacrificed a practical handbag so I could wear this one that barely fits my phone and purse. Worth it.






These photos were taken not very long ago when I was a little less pregnant and a little more fat and the sun could set your skin on fire. I don't miss the heat but I do miss it being warm enough to wear dresses with bare legs. Most of the time I forget that there are still a lot of plus size girls that have a fear of showing their bare legs. I guess I got so comfortable in my body that I can be a little ignorant to peoples insecurities and expect them to love their beautiful selves like they deserve to. It's a process that can take time. Sometimes a lot of time. I forget the insecurities I had growing up. I remember hating my legs. They were 'too chunky'. I would always wear jeans because of that. Fast forward 10 years later and look at me wearing dresses showing off my lil plus size pins! 








Self love takes time. I've always been a bit of a narcissist so for me the path to body positivity was kind of on fast forward haha
I've always wanted to discuss the road to body positivity but I've never known where to begin and how to structure what I want to say because theres a lot to cover. If you have any suggestions, let me know and maybe I can start a blog series of questions or something? Idk, but lets do something fun!



Dress: Jayjays  // Bag: Equip  //  Shoes: Melissa  //  Necklaces: Tiffany & Co + Nameplate necklace



Post a Comment